So early in my blog I spoke about 4 STEPS TO CREATING AN ONLINE BUSINESS!
Today we will cover the step #1: How to build a Niche website.
The first step to building a successful niche website is picking a niche to target. This just means, what general topic are you interested in or even better, what can be profitable?
A Successful Niche Site Look:
- Helps readers or customers find answers and solutions to their questions or problems in your chosen niche.
- Your site will eventually have hundreds of articles based on hundreds of very low competition keywords.
- Your site should not be targeting 1 keyword…but targeting all of them!
- Start small, but grow as the success continues.
- More concerned with answering specific questions and low competition keywords than search volume.
- Main source of traffic is Google
- Some articles will be “Pillar” articles and linkable assets; others just short answers to queries; a good mix of types of articles
- Social traffic will be utilized; perhaps a great deal depending on niche
- Long term goal is to build a large contact list and sell to your own customers
Pick a Niche Through Keyword Sampling
One of the keys to success with your niche website is keyword research. The main idea is that you will rank higher and faster in Google if you target phrases that people are searching for on Google that are not extremely competitive.
I recommend Jaaxy for all aspects of keyword research.
With “keyword sampling” you are simply trying to see if your potential niche has lots of low competition keywords BEFORE you actually finalize your decision.
Analyze your competitors:
- See what kind of traffic is possible
- See what keywords they are ranking for
- See other competitors
- Expand vision for your site
A few things that you should understand about niches are:
(These words are the original words that gave me my Ah-ha moment, I did not write them but have learned to live by them!)
(1) You are going to be writing content within your niche
(2) You are going to be communicating within your niche
(3) You are going to be choosing products to promote within your niche
(4) You need to enjoy helping people within your niche.
(5) Your first niche PROBABLY won’t be your last (so don’t worry about it being perfect)
(6) Any niche can become a “full time” successful business (written by Kyle)
Well that covers a lot of territory and reading is not for everyone that is for sure, so if you are a more visual person just hit on the image below it is a video link:
Please let me know if you have any questions about Niche or anything else, I am happy to help. Please feel free to leave your comments below!
Or you can reach me at my profile page here!
Bye the way, for those who aren’t familiar with me it’s Gloria Darni again!
While learning to run an online business I have realized that we all hit the same walls at one point or another! I have been learning steadily for over 10 years and feel that I learn something new everyday!
My excitement for working online has lead me down many different roads, some bumpier than others. All of these experiences lead me to Wealthy Affiliate, where I know live my passion while I learn and then earn! For my examination of Wealthy Affiliate, here is my review for you get the information you need!
For more information about creating a Free website with step by step instructions, please follow this link 4 STEPS TO CREATING AN ONLINE BUSINESS!
Great Success awaits you, thanks for stopping bye my blog!